IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Duke Gardens - do you live near it?
From: The Silent Seed <santoury at aol.com> on 2011.12.09 at 23:00:58(22460)
On my recent trip, I visited Sarah P Duke Gardens (Duke U's gardens) - and they have a plant sale table - I bought two Gingers / Hedychiums. They told me that one is "Daniel Weeks" and the other one - I cannot remember the name of this Hedychium.

But, Both are in large masses, near the building, near the "mouth" of the walkway to the gardens. Two large "thickets" - one is Daniel Weeks, and I was wondering if anybody on here has visited, or lives near there, who might be able to tell me the name of the second one? There are only two possibilities.

Thanks!

HTML

+More

From: Sheldon Hatheway <sfhatheway at yahoo.com> on 2011.12.10 at 02:53:22(22462)
Why only two possibilities? I have five different varieties growing outside in my flower beds.

Sheldon Hatheway

HTML

+More

From: The Silent Seed <santoury at aol.com> on 2011.12.12 at 12:11:48(22464)
Hi,
Those are the only two "thickets" growing in the area I described, at Duke. Thanks!

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.