IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Help with needed information
From: Tom Croat <Thomas.Croat at mobot.org> on 2015.05.19 at 02:49:30(23371)
Dear Aroiders:

I published a revision of Anthurium for Mexico and Central America in two volumes, 1983 and 1986. Unfortunately both electronic versions of this were promptly lost on our computer system but we obtained the 1983 version from a pdf someone
sent us and converted it back to a Word document. However, no one I know has the Panama version of this revision, published in Monographs from the Missouri Botanical Garden (vol.) 14 in 1986. It is entitled “Anthurium for Mexico and Central America, Part
II. Panama. JStor has never scanned this, apparently because the issue is a part of the Monograph series, not a regular journal. Please, if I have shared either the electronic copy of this issue, or a subsequent pdf of the same issue please share it back
with me. Otherwise we are going to have to spend months retyping descriptions for my current OPUS obligations of reproducing all Anthurium and Philodendron descriptions.

Many thanks,

Tom

HTML

+More

From: Susan B <honeybunny442 at yahoo.com> on 2015.05.19 at 04:01:29(23372)
Isn't some or all of it on the IAS site? I'm probably missing something, it's been a long day.

Contents

Contents
C O N T E N T S: Abstract
and Introduction Distribution
of Anthurium in Panama History of
Work. with Panamanian Anthurium

View on www.aroid.org

Preview by Yahoo

HTML

+More

From: Greg Ruckert <greg at alpacamanagement.com> on 2015.05.19 at 04:56:01(23373)
Tom, I don't have a copy but looking at CATE there has been information
from the document uploaded. If you are lucky Anna Haigh may have a copy.

This is one of the reasons I made a plea at the conference in Hanoi for
anyone who publishes information on Aroids to make the documents
available on Aroid.org like Peter Boyce and Sin Yeng Wong have done.

Rather than retyping you might find that much of it can be downloaded
from CATE.

Cheers,
Greg Ruckert

+More
From: Anna Haigh <aroidhaigh at gmail.com> on 2015.05.19 at 07:06:10(23374)

Hi Tom,

Tomorrow when in work I can check whether you sent us a copy to work on for the Anthurium key.

Thanks,

Anna

HTML

+More

From: Tom Croat <Thomas.Croat at mobot.org> on 2015.05.23 at 03:24:08(23382)
Dear Greg:

No Anna does not have it either. It turns out that we captured the descriptions for the Flora of Mesoamerica Project so what we are lacking are the discussions. We are going to scan and convert it soon though. Still, there are always errors in this method.

Tom

+More
From: Greg Ruckert <greg at alpacamanagement.com> on 2015.05.24 at 02:37:41(23383)
Hi Tom, hope this will inspire you to create a library like Peter and
Sin Yeng's on the society website. Also, If I could be sent a copy of
the scanned document (OCR readable) I will ensure that all the
information is available in CATE. I do proof everything that has been
scanned.
Cheers and again, happy birthday.
Greg

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.