IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [aroid-l] Leaflet variability in Amorphophallus konjac?
From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo at msn.com> on 2003.10.06 at 23:02:38(10690)
Dear Ken,

I am not an Amorphophallus grower, but think that you will find a LOT of variability in not only A. konjac leaflets, but this species as a whole.
Many years ago when this list was done by snail mail, Fanny Phillips described her collection of A. konjac, she had dwarfs that bloomed small blooms the size of a white rat (photo was supplied), and giants whose bloom towered above her 6' tall husband, my friend Craig. There also was every color of petiole you could imagine, so you are in for many surprises as you obtain other clones from other sources. They are cool-growing clones, and a rarer hot-loving clone of this same species.
I`ll address Michael`s letter here, he points out the vast variability within a group of plants from multiple offsets taken from the same 'mother', I keep saying you can observe super-fast 'evolution' at work in Aroids!

Good Growing,

Julius

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.