IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [aroid-l] Epipremnum
From: "Leslie R." leslier55 at excite.com> on 2003.10.23 at 13:31:24(10711)
I agree that the Marble Queen is a slow grower, even slower than the all-yellow (Neon). I grow mine to have a heavy degree of white variegation (but not too much, we know what happens then), which makes them grow even slower. Just bright lighting, good pruning, and choosing the best stem cuttings. Takes seemingly forever to get a good-sized plant. Perhaps my all-green is a different species than the yellow-variegated then? Although identical in growth, the all-green is a larger plant with thicker stems and bigger leaves. That's interesting. I'm anxious to see more research and information on this. I like this genus of plants and would enjoy seeing more interest in them. I like plants with history too, Russ, and I'm glad you are enjoying them. The contrast of the bright yellow Neon with darker plants is stunning. Leslie RuleColumbia, MO"In all things of nature there is something marvelous." - Aristotle--- On Wed 10/22, Clarence Hammer < chammer@cfl.rr.com > w!
rote:From: Clarence Hammer [mailto: chammer@cfl.rr.com]To: aroid-l@lists.ncsu.eduDate: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:12:34 -0400Subject: Re: [aroid-l] EpipremnumHi Leslie. Epipremnum pinnatum and falcifolium are 2 different Aroids thanthePothos. E. pinnatum leaves in mature stage is big, all green, with deepsplits to the midrib, and tiny 'holes' along the midrib. I've never had afalcifolium, but it's also a different looking plant. Pothos has gone thruseemingly countless namechanges, not sure exactly where it ended. According to Graf's Tropica,Birdsey changed it from Scindapsus to Raphidophora in 1962. Then Buntingchanged it from Raphidiophora to Epipremnum in 1964. That's pretty oldinfo, I'll have to see if I canfind any more recent.I imagine the wild form is all green. I noticed today that your allyellow form shines in the shadehouse like a beacon in the dark among all thegreen Philos, brilliant and beautiful. Of the yellow variegated forms, Ilike the one I see occasionally that ha!
s a predominance of variegation,even the stems are yellow. Seems to be

a more intensely colored clone thanthe usual variegated Pothos.I like the white variegated 'Marble Queen', but it seems slower to me, andmore likelyto revert to all green. I don't think I've ever seen this growing up palmsand oakshere in Florida with huge 2 foot leaves and split edges like you see yellowvariegated Pothos. There are some magnificent Pothos growing higher thanI've ever seenon pine trees at Dr Frank Brown's (of Aglaonema fame) big garden at ValkariaFla.I'm glad to have a piece of your 30 year old green Pothos Leslie, I likeplants with some personal history.Russ

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.