IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

RE: [Aroid-l] "black" zantedeschias
From: anton huang anton_huang84 at hotmail.com> on 2006.11.22 at 12:35:20(14831)
hi steve..the black callas i know is hybrid name 'pot black', it's dwarf and don't have any spot on the leaves like other callas (clean green leaves). that's all i know..hope i can help u. regards,anton.> Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 01:40:17 -0600> From: samarak@gizmoworks.com> To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com> Subject: [Aroid-l] "black" zantedeschias> > I keep forgetting to ask about this ....> > A few weeks ago I was wandering through a local warehouse club (Sam's). They> had an arrangement of the most impressive black zantedeschias I've ever seen.> > They weren't truly black, of course, but easily the darkest I've ever seen,> looking black from any distance at all and without any lighter edge. And in a> lot of the darker varieties I've seen, the spathes haven't been that large -> looked like lots of rehmannii in them, to me, from the size and shape. But> these had larger spathes with a more open shape. I thought they were artificial> until I was within a couple of meters, and I had to scratch them to be sure> they w
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.