IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] bulbifer bulb
From: ronmchatton at aol.com (ronmchatton at aol.com) on 2007.10.02 at 21:07:20(16379)
Alice:

First, it really doesn't matter which surface you put up.? These bulbils do not have a pronounced growing point and, if you what them as they sprout, it can happen just about any place on the surface of the bulbil and I've seen several points green up simultaneously but rather quickly one of them will become apically dominant and the others are just sort of resorbed into the bulbil.

Am. bulbifer can be stored dry and I've even had bulbils as small as the head of a hat pin survive sitting on the shelf.? You can pot it now and not water it or you can drop it on the surface of a little pot of potting medium and watch it.? The last several seasons, I've rounded up the bulbils that are produced and dropped them on the mother plant pot.? That works pretty well and you don't lose them.

Ron McHatton

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.