IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] IAS Miami Show
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2007.10.12 at 23:16:25(16474)
I've tried to make it understood, so please allow me to state it clearly. I do not wish to dismantle the Miami Show! I have never suggested such a thing. I am simply suggesting we look for other venues in order to expand the horizons of IAS. However, I can tell you for certain, there is a good deal of feeling (based on personal email) such an event outside Miami should not be attempted.

When Tricia paid a personal visit to my home in June she and I discussed the fact there was not a great deal of new blood coming into IAS. Tricia, if I'm stating this incorrectly, please correct me. We all need to look for ways to expand and grow the IAS.

I'd just like to see us think a little bigger. Tricia, Denis, Ron and all the others in Miami do a great service. But others need to kick in as well.

Again, please, don't anyone think I've ever suggested we move the IAS show out of Miami. Check every one of my personal posts. I never suggested anything close to that.

Steve Lucas

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.