IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Joep Moonen
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.04.15 at 21:36:41(17395)
I wanted to pass this along to everyone. Many of you have likely never met Joep Moonen, but to several of us he is a dear friend, especially Dr. Croat, Ron Weeks and Julius Boos. Joep and I have been trading email almost daily for nearly two years and although I've never had the chance to shake his hand he is certainly a dear friend to me. He often verifies facts for me for my website as well as furnishing photographs.

If you don't know, Joep is Dutch and runs a center in French Guiana that takes plant and animal nuts into the rain forest of French Guiana, northern Brazil and Suriname. He has quite a few plants named after him including Philodendron moonenii, Anthurium moonenii and the highly sought after Philodenron "joepii" which is not a species but am unusual natural hybrid. Please remember Joep Marijke and Bernie during this tough time for the family.

Steve Lucas

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.