IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Aroideana 33
From: brian lee <lbmkjm at yahoo.com> on 2010.09.25 at 18:05:09(21513)
Dear Derek,

Aloha.

I just got my Aroidiana 33, yesterday. It is amazing in scope and content. It is hard to believe that such a monumental effort on behalf of all involved; is voluntary. It renews one's faith in the generosity of humanity. I know the process must be like herding cats at times. Derek, you are to be rewarded on some divine level, at some point. For this world, I wish to thank you personally.

I will do my part to write. My favorite group of aroids is Philodendron subgenus, Meconostigma. Perhaps discussions on cultivating these plants would be of interest.

On a sober note, I just read in this present issue, of the death of my friend, Craig Phillips. I knew him for many years. I believe we started
to correspond because our mutual interest in the genus, Monstera. I soon discovered that we had much more in common; illustration, diving,coelacanths, fossils, poison arrow frogs, and a host of other subjects. I still have some of his illustrations of fish that he gave me. I certainly miss his letters, which were all written in the old way...in the real world. This world has lost another living treasure. Craig was so knowledgeable and genuine and generous. I was deeply saddened to learn of his passing.

Aloha,

Leland

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.