IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Importing Plants
From: Warren Payne <philoluver at gmail.com> on 2012.03.15 at 20:43:12(22662)
Keep me in mind David. I also live in DFW and an interested in hardy aroids for our area. We met at the Fort Worth Botanic garden Aroid Society meeting. If it can be arranged I would also be interested in some of these plants. WIth my wife's approval of course. ; )

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 1:59 PM, DAVID LEEDY wrote:

All,

Suppose you researched the internet extensively and found some arum varieties you would like to acquire. Suppose the only source for these was small nurceries in the UK, who would not export to the United States.

How are YOU going to get your hands on those arum?

That is the problem with which I am faced so I decided turn to Aroidl, the purveyor of all knowledge.

Anybody have any ideas?

Are there import/export companies, who will receive your plant purchases in the UK, obtain the necessary phytosanitary certificates (is any other documentation needed) and then export the plants either to their location in the United States under their import permint or directly to your location under your import permit?

What is the cost of such a service?

Am I the only person in all of aroid land interested or would others like to join me if we can find a way of importing plants?

Look forward to your responses.

David Leedy

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.