IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Aroid Plantmen
From: DAVID LEEDY <djleedy at sbcglobal.net> on 2014.08.15 at 23:33:03(23044)
I appreciated the information given to us on this list by A. Sunjian with respect to Philodendron ‘xEvansii’ and Philodendron ‘Soledad’. However, I want to know more about the “Plantsmen” in the Aroid Plant Family. We can read about the old timey Botanist (e.g. Schott and Engler & Kraus), the Botanists of our life time (e.g. Cecil Prime and Monroe Birdsey), and the current Botanists. But how about the Plansmen?

What is the story of Anderson’s Red (Philodendron) and of particular interest would be Bob McCauley of Fantastic Gardens fame in Miami? What other Plantsmen should we know about? How about famous Plantsmen in Australia, the UK, Germany, etc.? What cultivars or hybrids are they responsible for?

I, for one, would really appreciate anyone taking the time to either write this down or tell me where I might otherwise find it.

Thank you.

David Leedy

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.