IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

TitanWatch 4/23/03
From: "Craig Allen" callen at fairchildgarden.org> on 2003.04.23 at 21:52:41(10117)
Dear Titan Fans,

Today Fairchild Garden authorized the purchase and installation of a good quality web-cam. I hope it is installed by this weekend, but there is so much going on at the Garden right now. In addition to the craziness that attends the blooming of possibly two Amorphophallus titanums, we have the Garden's Spring Sale this weekend. I still have to price all the little amorphophallus that are going out for the sale. When when when... I need two of me for just a few days.

My volunteer Shirley and I worked on the big display for the Titans. It is a pretty impressive botanical display. Where do you find three Amorphophallus gigas and two (I think) Amorphophallus titanums all blooming together. Until the web-cam is set up, you can see pictures on Fairchild Tropical Garden's web site at this link: http://www.ftg.org/blooms/amorphophallus2003.html

Today's Titan update:

Audrey III - 35"

Mr. Stinky - 26" Still no visible spathe or spadix

Craig M. Allen

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.