IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Alocasias for sale (I did not post this)
From: "Peter Boyce" <peterboyce at myjaring.net> on 2004.05.14 at 23:02:32(11495)
Hi Christian, sorry about the first, aborted, email.

Have been in the field for the past few days, hence the slight delay in responding to your email.

I cannot answer with 100% certainty this because the rules at the US end seem to change and become ever inflexible on an almost weekly basis. I can say is that until recently plants arriving in the US WITH A PHYTO & AN EXPORT LICENCE (as do all of our plant shipments) went through without a hitch and that small packets of seed without any documents also went through without any trouble. In recent weks, however, it seems that folks at US points of entry have stepped up even further security measures and enforcement of regulations such that we recommend that folks ordering plants apply for an import licence, especially if ordering a substantial quantity.

Pete

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.