IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

titanum to flower in Massachusetts
From: "Michael Marcotrigiano" mmarcotr at email.smith.edu> on 2005.07.26 at 19:46:36(13237)
Our kind of small (40 lb) A. titanum is going to flower here at Smith College, in Northampton Mass. We are not planning a big event, nor to pollinate it, since it is pretty small. The flower bud is about 20 inches tall today, still very tight and the greenhouse and outdoor temps are very high.

I am going on vacation so may miss it but those in the area should feel free to email our Conservatory Manager Rob Nicholson, rnichols@smith.edu if you want to find out more. Any advice to Rob is welcome. I assume we will get a new leaf fairly soon if we don't pollinate it. I was hoping it would wait a few years until the tuber was 75 lbs or so, so we would get a mega bloom.

Michael Marcotrigiano

+More
From: "Susan Bryant" coops at execpc.com> on 2005.07.27 at 13:09:16(13239)
Congratulations! Very nice website, looks like a beautiful place.
Keep the humidity high.
Susan

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.