IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Begonia convention Miami March 1,2,3
From: TimothyA7 at aol.com on 2006.01.12 at 11:41:31(13680)
You are invited to a great horticultural event. Includes Largest orchid show in US, Palm Beach Flower show, trips to nurseries, A world class plant sale, 3 book signings and a bunch more neat plant stuff. For more info drop me a line for a program.
Tim Anderson

+More
From: Susan Johnston susanlynne48 at yahoo.com> on 2006.01.13 at 00:26:32(13685)
Tim - I have been to a couple of national conventions (Begonia) in the past. Many years ago when I used to grow them by the hundreds. Living in Oklahoma with two of the greatest growers of all time, Kathlyn Calvert, and Dorothy Caviness, I belonged to the Barkley Branch. You are young enough, you probably haven't even heard of them. How about Don Miller from Dallas (North Haven)? Just had to see if you you are a begoniac, too? Still have my copy of The Thompson's Begonia Guide signed by Millie. I met them in Miami at the Nationals there. The Dallas show was the first ever held outside the state of California. I was at that one, too, where Kathlyn took Best in Show and Best everything. She grew magnificent begonias, and most of them are now residing at the Myriad Botanical Gardens in OKC. Have fun at the show. I still have memoirs from the first Miami show ever!
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.