IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Ladybotany vanishes!
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2007.10.22 at 22:23:07(16579)
Well, I'll be jiggers! Neil's fax must have done the trick. All of ladybotany's auctions just vanished!

Steve Lucas

+More
From: agavestar at covad.net (Michael Mahan) on 2007.10.23 at 02:57:41(16585)
Post the fax ..

From: aroid-l-bounces at gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces at gizmoworks.com]
On Behalf Of ExoticRainforest
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 3:23 PM
To: Discussion of aroids
Subject: [Aroid-l] Ladybotany vanishes!

Well, I'll be jiggers! Neil's fax must have done the trick. All of
ladybotany's auctions just vanished!

Steve Lucas

+More
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2007.10.23 at 10:05:38(16588)
Neil, did you ever actually send it? For those who may have missed it, Neil reported the auctions came down before he sent the fax. So all I can figure out is the number of complaints from officers, former officers and members had some effect at eBay.

Again, for those who may be concerned this was uncalled for or somehow infringed on their right to sell seeds, it was not the selling of seeds that caused the furor. It was the theft of copyrighted material from the IAS site that got most of us in an uproar. That plus the fact the seller's various stories just did not add up and some of the plants offered were highly unlikely to be available.

Steve Lucas

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.