IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Philodendron williamsii. It isn't
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.04.20 at 18:22:49(17430)
I started to say "thank you" Julius for your comment, but instead want to say Thank You for a very different reason. The only reason I have correct information on most of my web pages is because of people like you, Leland, Dr. Croat, Denis Rotolante, Dr. Gon?alves, Pete Boyce, Ron Weeks, Alistair Hay, David Scherberich and a bunch of others who take the time to coach me, edit my pages, and explain why something commonly believed is in error! I just enjoy digging into the scientific journals to find the right questions to ask in order to be able to pose them here and to the individuals named above!

I've been told three times this past week my pages on Philodendron williamsii and Philodendron stenolobum are wrong, but since you guys have made sure they are right, so be it! I'll never change everyone's mind. We may never get everyone to believe scientific truth, but the information is out there for them to find. Still, one request. If you happen to be one of the Miami Philodendron experts who assured the current seller on eBay their name for Philodendron stenolobum is actually Philodendron williamsii, please read the pages and send them a note. They still believe they have the name right as a result of a "well known Miami Philodendron expert".

Again, to all of you who help me every single week, Thank You! My little website would just be another one on a long list without your help. Please know I am always grateful for that help! And to any of you, if you find something you believe is questionable on the ExoticRainforest website, PLEASE POINT IT OUT! Do it here! I want to know if there is anything that is scientifically inaccurate posted on the site.

Steve Lucas

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.