IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Dragon aroids needing Help!
From: karin.h.h at btinternet.com (Karin Holloway) on 2008.06.16 at 20:53:57(17850)
Thank you Sheldon and Geoffrey.

I know so little about aroids; I didn't know they rest late June!

I'll unpot them after acquiring a bigger pot and some less fertile soil. Maybe I will go back and take some from the parking lot! Just in case mine is too rich.

http://uk.geocities.com/karin.h.h at btinternet.com/aroids.html The pictures are large and may take a while to download.

This is a webpage my husband made for me to tell about the first aroid I found in the parking lot. It was sweet of him but he forgot that there was a huge step between picking the berries and planting them---I did keep them in water until the outer bit rotted and I carefully washed the seeds free of the rotted stuff so I wouldn't be burned by it. Notice how full of leaves the aroid is! Wasn't it lovely?

Actually, all of the seeds I raised in the pot died, and the three that did grow grew about 10 feet away on the far side of the lavender island! I only found them this spring. What a surprise!

I hope to help the one I rescued and the three little ones to be just as happy. Thank you.
:-) Karin

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.