IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

ubba dubba
From: honeybunny442 at yahoo.com (Susan B) on 2008.07.21 at 14:03:11(18206)
Very witty, Leland!? Not changing subject lines is one of my (many) pet peeves, too.? And yet I just ubba dubba'd with the aroid ID note (regarding labeling and pricing).? Sorry about that!

Did your family have little code words for bad behavior?? I think all mothers use them, my mother would say pirrrta latta if we took too many sweets, a take off from "big butt" in Czech.

Maybe when someone forgets to change the subject we can all yell UBBA DUBBA at them.? In years to come this will be confusing to new members and a lot of fun for people in the know.
Susan

+More
From: denis at skg.com (Denis) on 2008.07.22 at 15:15:08(18216)
and a double ubba dubba on all you ubba dubba'ers

can we please stop with the ubba dubba's and get back to more serious
aroidying?

+More
From: lbmkjm at yahoo.com (brian lee) on 2008.07.22 at 20:32:37(18218)
Dear Susan,

Aloha.

No one has given me formal instruction on the etiquette of email...when to use reply versus forward or changing titles on threads. I notice that some select phrases or pertainent paragraphs...I guess I have lost enough information to virtual world to be wary of altering someone else's composition. Feel free to give advice.

Code words for bad behavior...so many words so little time.

Perhaps we should get Derek in on the ubba dubba...since he introduced it. It may have an esoteric Celtic meaning that flew over my head. To me it reminds me of a pink bubble gum I used to chew as a kid.

Aloha,

Leland

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.