IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Overwintering Arisaemas in NYC
From: Neal Weissman <nweissma at gmail.com> on 2009.08.05 at 00:22:59(19631)
I live in NYC. I have 2 A. propinquums, grown from corms of unknown maturity, and potted since May 24 of this year. They are both sporting exceptionally healthy foliage (no spathe-spadix yet). From what I have been reading, it appears that overwintering them indoors is adequate, where an ambient temperature of 65-70 degrees will be maintained. What else do I need to know: is it normal that they will lose their foliage, or is foliage-loss a symptom of illness?

HTML

+More

From: Leon Karahalis <pirgosleonidas at yahoo.com> on 2009.08.06 at 03:09:18(19643)
I was told that there is only one Arisaema that is tropical and that even t hat one loses its leaves in the dry season. Believe it or not, your NYC ap artment is just that, tropical, because it does not freeze. Other than tha t I have no information for you, sorry.

--- On Tue, 8/4/09, Neal Weissman wrote:

> From: Neal Weissman

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.