IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Aroideana Articles Online
From: Albert M Huntington <amh at ieee.org> on 2009.10.28 at 15:53:20(20217)
Folks,

As Steve Lucas has recently announced some new features on aroid.org including personal logins for IAS members and the IAS Trading Post, I would like to introduce one additional feature recently approved by the IAS Board of Directors.

Paul Resslar's very useful database of Aroideana articles has long been available on the website, but we have this morning released an augmented version which displays abstracts or summaries from most articles and enables the purchase of electronic downloads of most articles through paypal. Articles under 3 pages long ( which includes a surprisingly large number of older horticulturally oriented material ) are available without charge as a benefit of IAS membership to those members who have registered for a personal login.

Most parts of volumes 1-31 are available at this time, with the exception of some of the longer articles.

Please go to http://www.aroid.org/aroideana/ and give it a try. I would like to warn you that the software behind this feature may be a little buggy, as it is rather complicated and also brand new. Please refer any problems you may have to me personally for a quick resolution.

Best regards,
Albert Huntington

+More
From: "plantguy at zoominternet.net" <plantguy at zoominternet.net> on 2009.10.29 at 12:43:41(20224)
Hi Albert,

I guess I would have thought that these articles would already have been
linked to some sort of scientific search engine (equivalent of PubMed) so
that they could be accessed by others doing research in this area? Any
article I publish has to be publically available becaue I receive federal
$$ for the research, but there are now a plethora of free on-line instant
access places to see the latest medical research and I would have assumed
the same was true for botanical research......Based on this post, I guess
not, but at least it is now available for a fee. Sounds like quite the
undertaking :o) Dan

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.