IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Xanthosoma robustum infloresence
From: Michael Pascall <mickpascall at hotmail.com> on 2010.02.23 at 13:43:25(20652)
I planted a few excess tubers of this down the back at my place to see if t
hey would grow in the thick layer of ash dumped there from the local sugar
mill .
A few trees I had planted had not done to well and as I had not yet got the
town water down there I could not water during the dry season .
Amazingly enough they thrived and formed a large clump over 2m high and
even wider . REcently while a mate was slashing the very high grass I trimm
ed off many of the leaves so he could get close to this clump . Several had
many inflorences .

Michael Pascall

+More
From: Michael Pascall <mickpascall at hotmail.com> on 2010.02.23 at 13:43:25(20653)

I planted a few excess tubers of this down the back at my place to see if they would grow in the thick layer of ash dumped there  from the local sugar mill .
A few trees I had planted had not done to well and as I had not yet got the town water down there I could not water during the dry season .
Amazingly enough they thrived, and formed a large clump over 2m high and even wider . REcently while a mate was slashing the very high grass I trimmed off many of the leaves so he could get close to this clump . Several had many inflorences .

Michael Pascall

Find out now Link all your email accounts and social updates with Hotmail.--_fa91248c-bd25-4c75-a6e8-1cc25b696bb3_----_170aee39-77f5-403b-a233-7358e8b31cdb_

HTML

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.