IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Amorphophallus identification (India)
From: "Christian Treder" <realtreder at gmx.de> on 2010.07.14 at 23:13:42(21193)
Hello,

I do have some Amorphphallus longiconnectivus which look similar to the bigger plant shown on three of the pictures. The other one might be Amorphophallus smithsonianus.

This is no guarantee because only the flowers will make sure which species you have there. Where did you collect those plants? Very interesting!

best wishes

Christian Treder, Hamburg, Germany :-)

HTML

+More

From: "E.Vincent Morano" <ironious2 at yahoo.com> on 2010.07.15 at 02:19:01(21200)
IT could be Amorphophallus napiger. Here is a picture of mine http://www.flickr.com/photos/14093079@N05/4654133519/

I refuse to participate in the recession,
Erin Vincent Morano

HTML

+More

From: Raj Shekhar Misra <rajshekharmisra at yahoo.com> on 2010.07.15 at 14:30:24(21201)
I will get the flowers this season and I can wait till then. This produces flower, I was told while collecting it.

regards

Raj

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.