IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

amorphophallus titanum offset?
From: Jason Sarine <jasondsarine at hotmail.com> on 2011.01.26 at 20:04:51(21829)
Oh here I was thinking it might be something special since everything I have read says they do not make offsets or divide. I guess there is always exceptions to the rules. I got my titanums from tindara orchids also so I am convinced they are correct. Not to mention they are huge! Thanks for the input guys!
Jason Sarine

+More
From: Brian Williams <pugturd at windstream.net> on 2011.01.28 at 08:35:53(21836)
I have seen offsets formed from TCed plants of Titanum in the past. The
callused tuber or tubers would often produce clusters of plants rather
than single plants. I am not sure if this is the case here but it maybe?
+More
From: Brian O'Brien <bobrien at gustavus.edu> on 2011.02.07 at 02:14:13(21878)
Hi Bernhard,

This is very interesting to hear - we're near completion of a home-built
laminar flow hood, and hope to try some tissue culture with
titanum. Cloning of our plant Perry would be well-received by
Perry's fans, I think.

Brian

HTML

+More

From: Marco Motta <marco.giovanni.motta at gmail.com> on 2011.02.08 at 07:51:16(21888)
Hi to all,

I'm building a laminar flow for orchids sowing but sounds great the propagation of some of my most rare Amorphophallus.

Someone could help me with detailed information about it, i. e. media to use, procedure and so on, here in Italy we use sigma Aldrich for culture media.

Any suggestion, article or book will be appreciated.

Ciao

Inviato da iPhone
Marco Motta

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.