IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Anthurium crassinervium (?)
From: Don Martinson <llmen at wi.rr.com> on 2011.04.10 at 23:42:00(22014)
Is Anthurium crassinervium a valid species? There are seeds listed on e-bay (Item #360259156174) under this name, but a search under more “reputable” sources (IAS website, TAP) reveals scant information, and I am therefore suspicious. A variety of photos is brought up if one searches under Google Images.

Don Martinson

HTML

+More

From: santoury at aol.com on 2011.04.11 at 13:57:32(22017)
Certainly it is. I own one, which was identified on here. In fact, the one on google, under ARACEUM, is my plant.

It was sold to me, however, as something else - I don't remember what the tag had said originally now, but yes, it is a valid species.

The problem is, many people change the names around, and you need them to be professionally identified, such as was the case with mine.

Jude

HTML

+More

From: "Tom Croat" <Thomas.Croat at mobot.org> on 2011.04.11 at 20:49:22(22019)
Dear Don:

Yes, A. crassinervium (Jacq.)
Schott is indeed a good species, a Pachyneurium from northern South America
(Venez, Curaao and NE Colombia at 0–1800
m.

Tom

HTML

+More

From: anabaena at london.com on 2011.04.13 at 09:12:15(22022)
Dear Don,

There is some information here:

https://www.cate-araceae.org/taxonomy/Anthurium/crassinervium.html

This information is on the CATE Araceae website, and comes from Tom Croat's revision of Anthurium section Pachyneurium.

All the best,

Anna

HTML

+More

From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973 at wp.pl> on 2011.04.13 at 18:02:25(22024)

Hello,

This is not Anthurium crassinervium but
Philodendron crassinervium in Araceum.

http://araceum.abrimaal.pro-e.pl/

Marek

HTML

+More

From: santoury at aol.com on 2011.04.13 at 20:37:44(22025)
Boy, I would love one of those variegated ones. Anyone have one they can take a cutting of ?

-----Original Message-----

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.