IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Anthurium Crassinervium
From: robert chumley <chumleyrobert at hotmail.com> on 2011.04.12 at 02:03:41(22021)
I certainly hope so, Don. I've been growing A. Crassinervium for many years. At one instance, in the early nineties, I germinated several flats of A. Crassinervium seed that was the result of pollinating several parent plants that were nicely variegated.   About 88% of the seedlings were variegated......about 2% were totally white (and died).....and the remaining 10% were totally green until later(in a one gallon) most reverted to variegation. I was thrilled at the sucess and offered all of the flats to a large nationally known company near Orlando ,Florida for a small percentage of future sales. (they refused) , so I kept them for many years.The flower was burgudy/white/yellow/green with a burgundy spadix and a striped stem....leaf variegation was splashed with white/green/yellow. I still have a few mature plants, so I may do it again.

--_128f6d9b-296c-430c-80e8-a507ce2ff40d_--
HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.