IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Nephthytis berries/plants
From: Geoffrey Kibby <geoffkhere at yahoo.co.uk> on 2013.06.15 at 09:30:45(22809)
Hi all,

I have several ripe berries of both Nephthytis afzelii and N. poissonii (which I think is the most beautiful species with its deeply sagittate leaves) which I would be happy to swap. They make fantastic house plants, really tough and happy in low light. Germination is slow but in my experience 100%. I also have a couple of small plants available of N. poissonii.

I am looking for fresh berries of Anthurium
bakeri (impossible to get in the UK) or other small Anthuriums/aroids (I don't have room for the bird's nest species sadly) and especially if anyone has seeds/cuttings of the non-aroid Cyanastrum. Also (a very long shot...) Psychotria ankasensis, an amazing metallic-leaved species.

If anyone can help please email me (fieldmycol@yahoo.co.uk).

Many thanks,
Geoffrey Kibby

---1470824145-1133175503-1371288645=:46983--

HTML

+More

From: "Tom Croat" <Thomas.Croat at mobot.org> on 2013.06.15 at 22:09:19(22810)
Goeff: I think that Anthurium bakeri does
frequently set seed in our greenhouse. I will have Emily check.

Tom

HTML

+More

From: Peter Boyce <phymatarum at gmail.com> on 2013.06.16 at 03:35:53(22811)
Geoffrey,

If you want seeds any anything Asian please let me know; quite a lot fruiting here right now.

Peter

HTML

+More

From: Peter Boyce <phymatarum at gmail.com> on 2013.06.16 at 04:10:27(22812)
Dear Folks,

A long while back someone asked me for Podolasia stipitata but at the time I had no seed or propagated material. Anyhow, I now have a nice seedling but cannot for the life of me remember who asked for it in the first place.

Peter

HTML

+More

From: Peter Boyce <phymatarum at gmail.com> on 2013.06.16 at 04:13:56(22813)
Dear All,

With some regret, and a lot of annoyance, owing to the awful new format and other changes that rendered our images and data virtually unusable we have deleted our Flickr account:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/indomalayan_aroids

We are in the process of migrating everything to our SmugMug account, but this will take time:

http://araceae.smugmug.com/

Please bear with us.

Peter & Sin Yeng

HTML

+More

From: "Marlena" <electrocrypt at shaw.ca> on 1970.01.01 at 00:00:00(22814)
For photo sharing and info i have also found FOTKI to be excellent

-------Original Message-------

HTML

+More

From: Geoffrey Kibby <geoffkhere at yahoo.co.uk> on 2013.06.16 at 21:55:46(22815)
Dear Peter,

How very kind of you. The only Southeast Asian aroid I have is an unnamed species of Schismatoglottis, possibly S. longifolia with small, narrowly sagittate white-splashed leaves. I got that from Dewey Fisk many years ago and has proved very reliable, dying down each year only to re-appear bigger and better.

So I would welcome berries of almost any smaller aroid but especially either Schismatoglottis or Homalomena if it is not too much trouble. I would of course cover any costs etc. My address is: Geoffrey Kibby, 227 Argyle Road, London W13 0AY.

On a separate topic are you familiar with
species of Thottea? They seem almost unknown in cultivation here but would seem to be worthy of growing having weirdly beautiful flowers rather like their cousins Aristolochia. Do they grow in your area/set seed?

Let me know if the Nephthytis are of interest to you (I expect you have them already).

Best wishes,

Geoffrey

HTML

+More

From: "Marlena" <electrocrypt at shaw.ca> on 1970.01.01 at 00:00:00(22816)

Date: 17/06/2013 3:02:57 PM

To: Discussion of aroids

Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Nephthytis berries/plants

For photo sharing and info i have also found FOTKI to be excellent

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.