IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Aroid with yellow variegation ?
From: The Silent Seed <tylus.seklos at gmail.com> on 2019.02.13 at 15:51:31(24138)

Hey Tom,

Want to take a stab at this? I bought this at the IAS show this past year. There was no tag. Asked Mary Nock and a couple others, but nobody could figure this puppy out. It does appear to be variegated.

Thanks, Jude

--

The Silent Seed

HTML

+More

From: Tom Croat <Thomas.Croat at mobot.org> on 2019.02.14 at 00:51:52(24139)
Dear Jude: I would guess that it is a Monstera but could not make out the venations well enough. Send a close up of the lower blade surface so that I can see the venation. Philodendron has closely parallel veins. Monstera has net-veined leaves.

Tom

HTML

+More

From: Tom Croat <Thomas.Croat at mobot.org> on 2019.04.22 at 02:00:55(24164)
Dear Jude: You sent no image.

Tom

HTML

+More

From: The Silent Seed <tylus.seklos at gmail.com> on 2019.04.22 at 02:21:32(24165)

Hi Tom, how are you?

They must have gotten lost in the internet wastelands.

I am attaching them here - hopefully these new photos will help. Please let

me know if they don't show up.

Best, Jude

HTML

+More

From: Tom Croat <Thomas.Croat at mobot.org> on 2019.04.22 at 23:44:10(24166)
Dear Jude: I admit that I don’t know this Monstera. It is likely only preadult and M. adansonii comes to mind as the most likely determination but I am copying Marco Cedeño from Costa Rica who
has a lot more familiarity with juvenile and preadult forms of Monstera than I do.

Marco, if you have any information for Jude please let him know and copy me please.

Abrasos,

Tom

HTML

+More

From: The Silent Seed <tylus.seklos at gmail.com> on 2019.04.23 at 00:09:51(24167)

Thank you Tom for your response, as always!

I look forward to hearing any further input you guys might have.

The only M. adansonii I have seen (and have) have many small holes, even in immature form. I'm including a photo for some further professional input.

Have a great night, Jude

Picture is of what I've always assumed to be M. adansonii/friedrichstalii.

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.