IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Anthurium pollination
From: Don Martinson <llmen at wi.rr.com> on 2019.09.28 at 01:47:10(24247)
(File Type Not Recognized: attachments/190927190201-1.jpe)

My Anthurium schlechtendalii has decided to bloom. I’m familiar with the basic layout of the aroid inflorescence. My question is more about the shedding of the pollen and the receptivity of the ovary’s style. The garden arums I have (Arisaema, Arum and Pinellia), have no problem setting full heads of seed. Even the Anthuriums at the local conservatory (including the parent of my plant) are often full of berries in various stages of maturity. My plant has bloomed before, but no berries developed. I’ve seen spadices with pollen shedding and the receptivity of the ovary evidenced by a small drop of liquid. Is it a matter of bad timing of the plant or is there some way I could help it along?

Don Martinson

HTML

+More

From: Don Martinson <llmen at wi.rr.com> on 2019.09.28 at 15:43:22(24249)
Thanks, Jason. As I’m not certain as to how long the pollen is viable, or how long the stigma remains receptive, I’ll have to keep a close look on the plant.

On Sep 28, 2019, at 9:55 AM, Jason Hernandez wrote:
HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.