IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Anthurium cross section pollination/ Hunt for pollen!
From: Colton Witt <coltonwittphotography at gmail.com> on 2020.07.22 at 20:47:23(24362)
(File Type Not Recognized: attachments/200722174702-1.jpe)

Hello! I have a very random and quick question. From my minimal knowledge, I know it is not normally possible to cross anthurium from different sections. I was curious though if it is at all possible? I live in Chicago and asked someone I know at the Conservatory if there are any anthuriums currently producing pollen. They do have A. Hoffmanii, although it looks like a possible cross from the image I was sent (small image attached).
The Anthurium I have in flower is a 'Queen of Hearts' which looks like a cross of A. Dressleri and something, but mine is highly velutinous (video in attachment). These cannot cross even if both are hybrids correct since one is section Calomystrium, and the other section Cardiolonchium correct?

If these cannot cross I was wondering if anyone has any anthurium in section Cardiolonchium and would be interested in crossing it with my Anthurium? The inflorescence is still a ways away from opening.

Thank you, anyone, for any info you give I love learning as much as I can!

Colton

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.