IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Hello from Las Vegas
From: Jean Green <jeanallengreen at gmail.com> on 2020.09.17 at 13:47:34(24398)
Hello, I am a new member. I joined last month, I think. I found aroid.org while searching for information about pothos varieties. I have had pothos as houseplants for the past ten years or so and have been amazed to see so many people in the last year become suddenly obsessed with pothos and philodendron houseplants, even monstera. I'll admit to jumping on the bandwagon a little bit and expanding my humble collection with anything interesting I have seen at my local nursery lately.

Anyway, thank you for having this community. I hope to learn a lot from you all, especially as it may help me to combat all the misinformation that is floating around in the Facebook groups I'm in.

HTML

+More

From: Jill Bell <jb_bell at comcast.net> on 2020.09.17 at 15:42:14(24399)
Hi Jean! I have been a member since the late nineties. I have been growing aroids since the 70s. They are beautiful plants! This site has some amazing people and information. Enjoy! Jill Bell

On Sep 17, 2020, at 8:47 AM, Jean Green wrote:
HTML

+More

From: Zach DuFran <zdufran at gmail.com> on 2020.09.17 at 16:09:29(24400)
Welcome Jean!

Yes, the number of people interested in growing aroids as houseplants is increasing rapidly right now. If you are on facebook, I hope you'll also join the IAS group there. That is not to dissuade use of this email listserv, but the facebook group does have a lot more activity right now.

Zach DuFran

HTML

+More

From: Jean Green <jeanallengreen at gmail.com> on 2020.09.17 at 18:30:52(24401)
Thank you! I guess I should have said epipremnum aureum instead of pothos but old habits and all that. Zach, I went ahead and joined the Facebook group, I appreciate you pointing it out to me!

-Jean Dunbar

HTML

+More

From: Jason Hernandez <jason.hernandez74 at yahoo.com> on 2020.09.18 at 01:10:25(24402)
Hi. Pothos may be seeing an upsurge, but it has been a houseplant mainstay for decades. When you say you have been expanding your collection, do you mean pothos cultivars specifically, or climbing aroids generally?

I'm trying to think of how many pothos cultivars I know. There's the ever popular aureum (gold variegated), 'Green Jade' (solid green, and 'Marble Queen' (marbled white), but I don't recall hearing of any besides those. Have you found others?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 06:47:34 -0700

To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com

Subject: [Aroid-l] Hello from Las Vegas

Message-ID:

HTML

+More

From: Jean Green <jeanallengreen at gmail.com> on 2020.09.19 at 23:48:35(24403)
Hello Jason,
Yes, I have mostly been collecting more epipremnum aureum. I have several aureum and a few marble queen and also a jade. Last year I started to learn about new patented varieties and have added some of them to my collection as well. Pearls and Jade, N'Joy, Manjula, and Jessenia. Apparently folks have taken to calling highly white variegated marble queens 'snow queens' and I have one of those as well. I recently got some epipremnum pinnatum cebu blue cuttings from a friend and have gotten a few philodendrons and some other aroids that interest me.

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.