IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[aroid-l] TitanWatch 5/11/03 #2 Yea! Obsessive is a good word. relatively
From: "Craig Allen" callen at fairchildgarden.org> on 2003.05.12 at 01:58:55(10240)
TitanWatch 5/11/03 #2 Yea! Obsessive is a good word... relatively

See Craig panic, see Craig panic a lot, see Craig eat crow, maybe... Well, what can I say, I panicked when I saw the spathe beginning to move away from the spadix, but I just might have jumped the gun.

Figuring that I was going to be here all night, I went out for supper. I thought I better go while I was still feeling good enough to eat. When I got back to the Garden, I ran back to the Conservatory to check out Mr. Stinky. Well... that little, I mean big, tease had closed back up again. Was I so tired I was delirious? I'm tired, but come on. I'm not hallucinating. I quickly downloaded the pictures I had taken before I went out to eat. There it was in digital format, a two-inch deep burgundy gap in the spathe. At least it WAS there. Hopefully no one will think I'm crazy. I guess it's a little late for that. Even the Washington Post printed "They tracked its growth obsessively." I guess obsessive is better than crazy. Yea! Obsessive is a good word... relatively.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that at least for now it appears that it isn't opening right at this moment. I'm going to stay here at the Garden until about midnight just to be sure. Then if I run home to get a few hours sleep, I can still pollinate Mr. Stinky in the morning even if it has begun to open. Or ... maybe I should bring my inflatable mattress back up here and spend the night. Obsessive, my eye!

If you don't get another e-mail tonight, all is well. I will try to send out one as soon as I get here (or wake up) in the morning. I don't want anyone to panic. Did I use the word PANIC? Oooooooh noooo.....

TitanWatch update:

Mr. Stinky = 84"

TitanWatch links of the day:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/weird_news/5789754.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A40458-2003May10.html

Craig M. Allen

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.