IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [aroid-l] Selloum/Bipinnatifidum
From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo at msn.com> on 2003.07.18 at 17:28:51(10408)
Dear Derek,

The name DID ring a bell, but I was unable to 'pull it up'! Old age is no fun! :--)>
Please give my very best to Myles!
If you could be so kind, please check out the 'stem' of these strange-smelling Philodendrons, true P. bipinnatifidium is said to have smooth stems w/ NO intravaginal squamules (the spine-like structures found at the interniodes), while P. mello-barretoanum is said to be THE one w/ these spine-like structures very well developed, which would make ALL the P. 'selloums' sold in Florida this species. If in bloom, pics of the spathes (and details of spadices) would be great also, the locally grown P. 'selloum' here has a large (+- 24") mainly green spathe.
Oh how I wish I were able to take you up on your kind offer, I have not visited the UK in 44 years! I still remember Kew and the British Museum.
See you soon!

The Very Best,

Julius

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.