IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[aroid-l] Cultivation of Anthurium Warocqueanum ?
From: "Harold Beck" <drewbeck at swbell.net> on 2004.03.24 at 21:05:37(11331)
I have been working with the growing of the Anthurium warocqueanum and A. veitchii for a while - and have had reasonably good luck establishing an acceptable greenhouse environment here in the Houston area (so far). I have a number of plants to work with (thanks to many of you) and have had good new growth after the acclimation period. But I do have a persistent anomaly that I am hoping that some of you experienced growers might be able to help me with. The warocq's develop nice new sizable leaves pretty consistently - but frequently as the new leaf "unfurls" - or "opens" there is a significant weakness in small areas of leaf tissue between the veins - and this weakness develops into a translucent spot that soon develops into a complete perforation - sometimes quite small 2 to 4 mm in diameter - and of course the result is a permanent "blemish" -- and on a few occasions the fault in the new growth is near the main rib and after "opening', the new leaf has a major deformat
ion.

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.