IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [aroid-l] overwintering alocasias
From: Leslie Georgeson <skinnychick2 at yahoo.com> on 2004.08.17 at 13:52:54(12009)
Phillipe,

It is my understanding that florescent lighting alone is not always positive for plants, but it is the closest thing to natural sunlight. The best ones for plants are numbers 22, 25, 32, 33, and 36. However, my plants are in a room with a large, south-facing window and the room gets plenty of natural sunlight in addition to the florescent bulbs. This additional light supplement helps those that are farthest from the window to be sure they get enough light. Since each new leaf is always larger and more beautiful than the last, and even my finicky alocasias are producing infloresences, I figure they all must be happy. Lighting has never been a problem, it's the humiditry that I had to struggle with, and once the humidifier was installed, everyone was happier. I may even have extra alocasia seeds to spare in the near future.

Good growing,

Leslie

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.