IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] xanthosoma atrovirens albomarginata
From: john s smolowe johnssmolowe at pacbell.net> on 2006.04.02 at 20:41:36(14051)
thanks steve and lynn! but isn't your advice almost exactly opposite? i can grow it in the ground (or a soil mix that simulates the ground), or i can grown it in a porous mix, ie a cactus or epiphyte mix; but these would be very different.?for example, i have potting soil and pumice that i use for my cacti and succulents. that would be a sandy-type soil. i have? bark, tree fern & charcoal that i use for my orchids and bromeliads. both of those have high drainage. the ground here grows several kinds of colocasias quite well. but a) i am zone 8 and don't know if x atrovirens albomarginata is hardy in zone 8, and b) in the ground certainly would get soggy at times.from the advice, one might think this plant tolerates a wide range of growing conditions, but, hey, not for me. so far i can't grow it in any conditions despite repeated tries.does anyone else have guidance?best,john smolowemenlo park, caThe Xanthosoma atrovirens albomarginata? is one of my favorites.? Mainly they seem to like a sandy soil without
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.