IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron ID?
From: Tom Vincze philofan at philodendron.org> on 2006.05.21 at 16:56:23(14254)
On my Showboat it indeed has some red coloration where the petiole joins the leaf blade. The leaf itself is green however.Regards,Tom Vincze ?I would have to say self-heading or semi self-heading (thanks for the explanation of self-heading Tom) the tag on it said ?tree Philodendron? It appears that after some more time it will make ?trunks?.? It does appear to possibly be ?showboat?. Does showboat get reddish on the back of the leaves??Thanks Steve From: aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com] On Behalf Of Bluesea Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2006 10:42 PM To: Discussion of aroids Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron ID? ? Steve, is this a self-heading, semi self-heading or vining Philodendron???? If it's vining,?I?think?it could be?P. mayoii.? The reddish parts of the leaf are typical of mayoii.? We really need to know the growth habit of this Philo to make an attempt at an ID. ? Russ central Fla -- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Vers
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.