IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Philodendron adamantinum?
From: a san juan kalim1998 at yahoo.com> on 2006.07.11 at 21:17:33(14419)
Several times over the years people have wondered about some of the rarer Meconostigma, like Philodendron adamantinum.I bought a putative specimen of this species from Brian last year and it has grown a bit, and I'm at pains to know whether this is really the correct species.....I also found a pic of the adult form on the web. http://blueboard.com/aroid/index.php?topic1I would also like to know whether the very large meconostigma that Dr. Croat mentioned from his trip to South America has ever been cultured (there was some talk about Ron (?) doing this):"The trip back to the south was just as slow but since we knew what we were up against there was lessapprehension. Among the most interesting species collected was a huge Philodendron that was common in the old leaf bases of a large palm tree. This species, which is probably new
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.