IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Amorphophallus paeonifolius HELP!!
From: Kirk Martin kwmartin at earthlink.net> on 1970.01.01 at 00:00:00(14587)
Hi,

I have a decent sized A. paeonifolius that I've grown all summer outdoors on my pool deck.
It had a single leaf about 2.5 to 3 feet tall which was starting to form another leaf off the tuber.

A skunk/raccoon? uprooted the bulb and damaged a leaf stalk where it attaches to the bulb.
I noticed some brown mush on the stalk near some white powdery fungus a few days later.

When I pulled on the leaf, it detached from the bulb and I noticed some small white worms
(nematodes?).
Anyway, I cleaned of the rotted tissue as best I could and doused it with liquid sulfur 6.4% sulfur from Safer.

The new leaf is happily getting bigger and so far no further sign of rot and haven't seen any more worms.

Should I cut off the new leaf too and soak the bulb in some nasty pesticide/fungicide?

Any advice is appreciated.

Kirk Martin

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.