IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus paeonifolius HELP!!
From: "D. Scott Taylor" staylor at brevardparks.com> on 2006.09.11 at 17:48:31(14591)
I probably would not tinker with it further..let it grow and it will soon be dormant anyway, and then you can dig the tuber and care for it if needed.dstOn Sep 10, 2006, at 9:29 PM, Kirk Martin wrote:Hi,I have a decent sized A. paeonifolius that I've grown all summer outdoors on my pool deck.It had a single leaf about 2.5 to 3 feet tall which was starting to form another leaf off the tuber.A skunk/raccoon? uprooted the bulb and damaged a leaf stalk where it attaches to the bulb.I noticed some brown mush on the stalk near some white powdery fungus a few days later.When I pulled on the leaf, it detached from the bulb and I noticed some small white worms(nematodes?).Anyway, I cleaned of the rotted tissue as best I could and doused it with liquid sulfur 6.4% sulfur from Safer.The new leaf is happily getting bigger and so far no further sign of rot and haven't seen any more worms.Should I cut off the new leaf too and soak the bulb in some nasty pesticide/fungicide?Any advice is appreciated.Kirk MartinFitchburg, M
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.