IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] New Member
From: Don Martinson <LLmen at wi.rr.com> on 2007.03.28 at 16:45:58(15502)
Title: Re: [Aroid-l] New Member

On 3/27/07 6:10 PM, "Tindomul Er-Murazor" wrote:

Hi,

I recently joined the IAS (about a month ago), and just found out about the forum.

I have a question,
I just ordered Zantedeschia aethiopica 'Hercules' from Kartuz Greenhouses.
I have another type of Zantedeschia that is currently growing again in a small pot. How do you care for Zantedeschia aethiopica 'Hercules'? Does it like wet soil? Moist? Dry? And what temperatures do they prefer? How about lighting? Thanks

Hello Tindomul (you are obviously a Tolkien fan), and welcome to our aroid forum.

I have been growing ‘Hercules’ for several years and find that it is extremely adaptable to most conditions. My plant, about 1.5 meters high
currently grows in a 30 cm pot and spends the summers outside here in SE Wisconsin on the east side of my house where it gets plenty of sun. In winter it
goes in the large SW facing window of an upstairs bedroom, where it seems to do just fine and even blooms on occasion. Night time temps in the fall, before I
bring it in can fall into the 40’s or even a bit lower with no apparent harmful effects. Mine certainly doesn’t need wet soil and is quite happy with enough water
to keep the soil just on the moist side.

Don Martinson

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.