IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Anthurium bonplandii, Really could use your help!
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2007.10.30 at 15:10:51(16632)
About a week ago I put up a new page on Anthurium bonplandii. All the information was taken from the orginal botanical text printed in one of Dr. Croat's journals. I'm looking for additional practical information and grower input. I'd love to know if you grow this species and what you've learned about it. Any good photos you will allow me to add to the page would be appreciated since our specimen is quite small. I'll certainly credit you for your photos and information. The photos I've received so far are from the grower who provided our specimen which is now quite small. According to Joep Moonen in Fench Guiana, this species is quite rare in nature. When young it does strongly resemble Anthurium jenmanii which is now extremely popular with growers in Indonesia and is a rather odd birds nest form since it is often found growing on stone and is rarely epiphytic. Anthurium bonplandii is instead normally terrestrial.

http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Anthurium%20bonplandii%20pc.html

Thanks!

Steve Lucas

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.