IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Alocasia reticulata and an introduction
From: donbit121 at hotmail.com (Don Bittel) on 2008.03.02 at 02:25:47(17114)
Hello Chad,
welcome to the aroid list. I rarely post here, but have grown this plant since it was first obtainable, and have bought all sizes and from many sources. I have none now, since for me it rarely comes back after going dormant. Even in south florida it gets too cold to keep it growing year-round, so keep it very warm, above 65-70 degrees. And most alocasias grow much better in the ground than in pots. It keeps the roots warmer, and allows them to spread their corms. I view alocasias as annuals, and don't expect them to live for years.
I am sure you will get better advice than this; we have an incredibly knowledgable group. But I suggest you switch to growing Anthuriums, which are really the kings of the foliage aroids. (Lord P., forgive me.)

Don Bittel

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.