IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Schismatoglottis species
From: lbmkjm at yahoo.com (brian lee) on 2008.06.13 at 20:35:52(17839)
Dear Peter,

Aloha. Wow. Put me on your list for pre-publication of the book!

I have a Schismatoglottis that I originally got from Roberto Burle-Marx's collection. I suspect it is allied to the variable S. calyptrata...such as my poor knowledge of this group is. It seems to have the habit of clumping with the mother plant declining...I have not observed the flowering phenology in a careful fashion. I will post a photo via my wife's email to see if you know this taxon.

I am impressed by the potential of Schismatoglottis...it obviously is an under appreciated group. Any and all information will be welcomed. Do you know of sources for some of the species you list? Are there any ecological information that will aid in planting these in the ground...ie: pH, soil type ,limestone under detritus, etc.?

I am grateful you are working on this genus. Thank you for your wonderful response.

Aloha,

Leland

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.