IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Alocasia zebrina reticulata
From: lbmkjm at yahoo.com (brian lee) on 2008.07.09 at 22:17:39(18126)
Dear Pete,

Aloha.

It is hard to comment on issues that some of us have no knowledge on. That is not to say we do not have an obsessive desire for knowledge. We wait on bated breath for tidbits of treasure from you.

The Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum used to participate in a program called, the Philippine Flora Project that was to catalog as many of the in-situ plants remaining in the archipelago...which was being destroyed at a pace and scale that would see many habitats extirpated. I do not recall the percentage of the destruction, but it was a significant proportion. My point here is that if habitats are destroyed, it will be impossible to reconstruct some of these interesting pearls of information we all desire. I can ask Clyde Imada if Alocasia species were catalogued in this program...hopefully your contact will respond with a wealth of new information to enlighten the darkness. I am optimistic that Melanie will answer the call.

Aloha,

Leland

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.