IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Philodendron unknown, probably a hybrid.
From: lbmkjm at yahoo.com (brian lee) on 2008.07.11 at 17:41:48(18136)
Dear Steve and Russ,

Aloha.

As you know, I am not particularly interested in hybrids, but, I do have a few. Some of the Philodendron that Roberto Burle-Marx gave me have been hybrids of unknown parentage...very attractive curiousities. One of these turned out to be Philodendron speciosum x Philodendron goeldii hort. developed by Burle-Marx and Karl Wendlinger...now there are many crosses using these and other P. goeldii crosses...a whole range of variations. Some of the more attractive ones are Philodendron stenolobum x P. goeldii.

This 'Golden Dragon' looks like several hybrids that I have been seeing recently that appear to have Philodendron bipennifolium as a parent plant. There are many Philodendron that have spots on the petioles and with spots on the underside of the blades...off hand, I do not know if these have a particular function. Could photos be supplied to show the stem with leaf scars, petioles, and cataphylls or other details that supply more clues? Even at that, these identifications would be only educated guesses, so I am curious what value this information may have.

Aloha,

Leland

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.