IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] HELP! I am looking to buy Amorphophallus
From: cokerra at bellsouth.net (Russell Coker) on 2008.07.16 at 13:45:57(18173)
Hey Ty.

I bought my paeoniifolius through an ebay seller three years ago. It was about the size of a tennis ball at that time. By the next spring I had several pots of various sized plants. Last summer the largest was about waist tall when I planted all of them in the ground. This year it stands almost six feet tall and is about as wide. I can't wait to see what happens next year!

While there are none for sale now, ebay is probably your best bet if you can't find it in the Asian market as Bonaventure suggested. You are probably looking for a tuber at the worst time since they should be in active growth now, and that would be difficult to ship unless you got something tiny. I would think if you were to wait until dormancy you'd have a huge selection to choose from on ebay. There were a ton for sale this past winter/spring. About the only thing more common is konjac, so it really has become a "buyers' market". If any of mine produce offsets I'd be happy to dig one for you in the fall. I'll keep an eye on them, but they don't seem to be reproducing now like they did in pots.

I prefer Arisaemas, let me know what you're looking for.

Russell Coker

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.