IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Anthurium watermaliense Hort. ex L.H. Bailey & Nash
From: ExoticRainforest <Steve at ExoticRainforest.com> on 2008.11.28 at 05:37:34(18760)
Thanks both to Jay and Marek for theresponses!

I too had found the appearance of Anthurium watermaliense on TROPICOSand two of the Kew's sites as being possibly a species' name but not onIPNI where it just doesn't appear On TROPICOS it does appear initalics on the first page but after that if you check the extra pagessuch as specimens and distribution it is not italicized and appears tobe a horticultural name rather than a species name. One of the firstthings I plan to ask Tom after his return from Ecuador is his currentposition on this plant! I did send a copy of my notes to Simon Mayo atKew in hopes I might get a better clarification on the officialscientific position. I know some of the good people at Kew do monitorthis forum since I've received private mail as a result of severalquestions I've raised here. If anyone is reading this one from Kew I'dreally like to get a response on the currently accepted position onwhether or not Anthurium watermaliense is a horticultural or a speciesname.

Jay, I am curious how much variation you see in the inflorescence inCentral America?

Thanks for the help guys! We'll be away for a few days spending timewith our kids and grandkids but I'll respond to anything on thissubject as soon as we get back.

Steve Lucas

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.