IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
From: ExoticRainforest <Steve at exoticrainforest.com> on 2008.12.25 at 21:01:37(18809)
Since Dr Croat now has a newresearch assistant in Ecuador I'm sure the new year will bring newspecies!
Beth, If you come across any info on my bullate leaved Philodendronsupposed collected near Limón, Ecuador I'd love to know more. I've begun to describe it according to the rules laid out by Dr. Croatin hopes he will be able to observe and collect it in the wild at somepoint in the future. But as you know, without the proper field notesthe plant cannot be scientifically described. Perhaps you can help tofill in the gaps, especially if it is purely an epiphyte, the maximumsize of the blades and the appearance of the inflorescence. The stemon my specimen is quite thick so I suspect the specimen I have is afield collected specimen and not one that was cultivated. For somereason the guys at Ecuagenera are suddenly very hesitant to provide anynew info!!

Good luck in your searches for new species! I'd love to be able to bethere to help.

Steve

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.