IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Every post from 1996 to today on Aroid l
From: ExoticRainforest <Steve at ExoticRainforest.com> on 2009.08.19 at 02:09:00(19744)
I received a great note from Alberttoday letting me know all the posts made to Aroid l including photossince 1996 are on the IAS website: http://www.aroid.org/

All you need do is go down to the left side of the homepage and type inyour search term which is much faster than using the archive Imentioned earlier. I'm sure many of you already knew this but Ithought only the last year or so had been posted. Albert has them ALLincluding the photographs. Some of the names you'll find in thisarchive are legendary to serious aroiders and this is a fabulousresource if you have a question and need a quick answer.

For those "nuts" like me, I have converted all of these to a searchablePDF format in 14 volumes. I use many scientific texts and articles inmy own research and finding info on your own computer is far easierthan searching through thousands of pages in printed texts. My guessis there are close to 5,000 pages of posts in the PDF files! If anyonewould like a copy just drop me an email and I'll forward them to you:

Steve@ExoticRainforest.com

I often read questions here that have detailed answers on the IAS siteso for your immediate searches be sure and use IAS! There are fullcopies of aroid papers on the site including Dr. Croat's papers on Philodendronand Anthurium plus a great deal of info on Amorphophallus andother genera.

Use it!

I hope I'll see all of you in Miami in one month!

Steve Lucas

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.